Location: Little Rock or Lowell (Northwest) Arkansas
Department: Job Site
Supervisor: Site Superintendent
Hours: 7:00 am - 3:30 pm, 30 min. lunch
Pay depends on experience.
A glazier / fabricator is responsible for production of the final product sold to the customer, whether installed by the service department, delivered, or picked up by the customer. This person is responsible for producing a product that is within tolerances and that meets the requirements of the individual order. Must be familiar with company policies and procedures, including safety procedures.
1. Helps to unload raw product when received and to load finished product as needed.
2. Assists when needed in the retail area. This may include lunch time and closing duty.
3. Responsible for keeping work area clean and neat. Sweeps and cleans area at the end of every work day.
4. Works any overtime as directed by the site superintendent.
5. Performs other duties as directed by the site superintendent.
Skills and qualifications:
Skills: Ability to accurately read and use a tape measure is mandatory. Handling glass safely, using hand-cutters and/or speed cutters. Must learn the maintenance and adjustment procedures for machines to be used. Forklift training may be necessary. Heavy lifting required; ability to utilize judgment, dependability, flexibility, and thoroughness in performance of duties.
Experience: Work experience in handling glass and using tape measure.
Personal demands: As a member of the production team, the incumbent in this position must be dependable and set a standard for regular attendance and punctuality. This person must work well with others and be willing to help others as needed in handling the product. Some Saturday work may be required